Friday, October 17, 2014

Putting the comic strip on Hiatus

Ultimately my syndication experience was disappointing. The income generated from it was not significant, and while I enjoyed creating my comic strip, the effort and sheer amount of time that it took to produce a quality comic strip was just not worth it. I had hoped that the experience would lead to bigger things–daily syndication in many major newspapers for example–but that never materialized. The world was moving away from printed newspapers and toward online content that they could get for free, and the entire syndication business seemed to be under siege; not a very encouraging environment for cartoonists. At least not for me. So, in 2013 I put my strip on hiatus and took a break. Time to re-group and explore other opportunities.