Thursday, October 16, 2014

Weekly Syndication

In the Winter of 2011, all of my hard work seemed to finally pay off when upstart Ink Bottle Syndicate signed me to a deal where Hoxwinder Hall would appear in a new weekly humor newspaper insert called Funnies Extra!. It wasn't the big daily newspaper syndication that I had always dreamed about, but Funnies Extra! simultaneously ran in several U.S. states and Canada so I technically was now syndicated. The little newspaper also included established features like Wizard of Id, and B.C. so I was psyched that my own comic strip was going to be seen in print among the same comic strips that I had grown up reading as a kid! It didn't pay much, but at least I was now getting paid at all for my hard work... It was a start and I was psyched!




(my very first paycheck as a syndicated cartoonist. I never cashed it and still have it.)