Thursday, October 2, 2014

One of the most rewarding things about Hoxwinder Hall being selected as a Top 10 finalist in The Washington Post's America's Next Great Cartoonist Contest was the fact that the strip was recognized by a panel of very successful industry professionals. These were people that made a living from knowing what is good, funny, and marketable. For me, that validated my comic strip on a professional level and that was incredibly gratifying. At the time I remember thinking, “Holy Moly! Stan Lee read my comic and liked it!” I believe all of the judge’s comments can still be seen here on that Washington Post contest page (please scroll down the link to view details).

(my six comic strips that appeared in the contest)

(some of the judge's comments from the Washington Post contest)

(a list of all the Top 10 Finalists)