Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Stepping Into the Publishing World
I have no idea how the world of book publishing works, so I had a lot of questions for my publisher. After a thirty minute phone conversation, I got a good sense of it all. As it is with anything, the competition for attention in the marketplace is fierce. Success would depend on quite a few factors, the most important of those would be (1) getting the word out about my work and (2) having people like my work. Since I have little control over the first, and absolutely no control over the second, I figured the most important thing I could do was continue trying to create the best stories that I could.

The publisher and I decided how the branding of my series would look. The series would be called “Dozi the Alligator”. The first title would be changed to “Dozi the Alligator Finds a Family”.

The launch date was set for March 2015.

(my original book cover design)

(revised book cover design)