Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Publishing Deal!
When I completed Dozi the Alligator, I sent a PDF of it to a publisher who had previously expressed interest. The publisher reviewed it, then surprised me by asking for a summary for an entire SERIES of books based on this first one! Excited, I quickly composed my ideas for five more stories and sent it on to the publisher.

On April 16, 2014, I signed a publishing deal!

The Dozi the Alligator series of children's books is scheduled to arrive March 2014! The first story was renamed Dozi the Alligator Finds a Family.

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities!


*I'd like to thank Pulitzer prize-winning editorial cartoonist, Matt Davies, who very graciously had his agent review my proposed publishing contract before I signed it. I met Matt Davies through another mutual friend on Facebook (once again, the power and benefits of social media on display). Thanks again, Matt!