Saturday, September 27, 2014

High School and Art School

I wasn’t much of a student in high school. I knew I wanted to be an artist and that was that. I was accepted into George Mason University (GMU), but only because I was a pretty decent distance runner high school and my track coach put in a good word for me.

After my freshman year of college, I took a break from school and worked for a year. I then switched gears, and enrolled at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. It was during those years at art school that I first had the idea for a character that what would later become Dozi the Alligator, and a comic strip called Hoxwinder Hall

Here are some pics from those days. The other person in the photos is my roommate at art school, Scott Kristoff. Scott had a great sense of humor, and is still one of the most talented artists I have ever known.