Sunday, October 19, 2014

Deciding to hire an illustrator for my children's book

Initially I thought that I would illustrate and write my children’s book myself, but after I completed my first illustration for the book, I made the decision to pull a Walt Disney. By that I mean that Disney was a decent-enough artist himself, but he was also smart enough to not let his own ego get in the way of having his ideas brought to life by much more capable artists. The single most important thing to me was the idea of Dozi the Alligator. I wanted to introduce Dozi to kids everywhere. And since I needed Dozi to be appealing to children, I knew that I needed a much more talented artist to help me bring him to life in the way that I envisioned.

And so I began my search for an illustrator for my book project...

(the first illustration that I created for my children's book)